From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Question: re Image Files.
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 09:16:49 +0200
Date: 2012-08-31T09:16:49+02:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:33:34 -0700 (PDT), in comp.lang.ada you wrote:

> Question: Is there any way by which I can reading in from an image file
> and operate on the individual pixels in a similar arithmetical way.
>
> If not how are image files handled in Ada is there any transformation process?.

The issue of presentation already answered. As for arithmetical ways that
depends on the color model assuming that pixel represents a color space
point. There are various models L*a*b, RGB, HLS, HSV, IHLS. Mathematical
operations over color space points, e.g. "darken", "+", "average," are
implemented within these models slightly or very differently.

P.S. Ada has bindings to major graphical frameworks (Qt, GTK, Win32 GDI).

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov