* SSL library for Ada?
@ 2011-03-23 16:00 Gerd
From: Gerd @ 2011-03-23 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want write a small prog that checks my mail account for some
specific content. It works already quite good when I use a not
encrypted (TCP-)connection. But now, I would like to try the same
thing over SSL.

Is there an SSL library for Ada, or are any there bindings to an open
source SSL-library written in other language?

Thanks.

* Re: SSL library for Ada?
@ 2011-03-23 18:21 ` Vadim Godunko
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2011-03-23 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 23, 7:00 pm, Gerd <Gerd...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want write a small prog that checks my mail account for some
> specific content. It works already quite good when I use a not
> encrypted (TCP-)connection. But now, I would like to try the same
> thing over SSL.
>
> Is there an SSL library for Ada, or are any there bindings to an open
> source SSL-library written in other language?

AXMPP project contains binding for GNU TLS library, see

http://adaforge.qtada.com/cgi-bin/tracker.fcgi/axmpp/wiki

* Re: SSL library for Ada?
@ 2011-03-23 19:03   ` R Tyler Croy
From: R Tyler Croy @ 2011-03-23 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vadim Godunko <vgodunko@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 23, 7:00 pm, Gerd <Gerd...@t-online.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want write a small prog that checks my mail account for some
>> specific content. It works already quite good when I use a not
>> encrypted (TCP-)connection. But now, I would like to try the same
>> thing over SSL.
>>
>> Is there an SSL library for Ada, or are any there bindings to an open
>> source SSL-library written in other language?
>>
> AXMPP project contains binding for GNU TLS library, see
>
> http://adaforge.qtada.com/cgi-bin/tracker.fcgi/axmpp/wiki

This same question and answer has been brought up multiple times in the past
few months, perhaps it's time for somebody to separate out the GNU TLS bindings
into a standalone library and package it up for Debian, etc :)

--
- R. Tyler Croy
--------------------------------------

* Re: SSL library for Ada?
@ 2011-03-24  8:54   ` Gerd
From: Gerd @ 2011-03-24  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

> AXMPP project contains binding for GNU TLS library, see
>
> http://adaforge.qtada.com/cgi-bin/tracker.fcgi/axmpp/wiki

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure - it looks like a UNIX project, I
would need it for Windows. Would it work there, too?

* Re: SSL library for Ada?
@ 2011-03-24 11:14     ` Vadim Godunko
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2011-03-24 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 24, 11:54 am, Gerd <Gerd...@t-online.de> wrote:
> > AXMPP project contains binding for GNU TLS library, see
>
> >http://adaforge.qtada.com/cgi-bin/tracker.fcgi/axmpp/wiki
>
> Thanks for the link. I'm not sure - it looks like a UNIX project, I
> would need it for Windows. Would it work there, too?

I use it on Windows XP 32-bit and known that it works on Windows 7,
the only issue is to add linker option to find DLL files.

* Re: SSL library for Ada?
@ 2011-03-24 13:11       ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2011-03-24 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 04:14:48 -0700 (PDT), Vadim Godunko wrote:

> On Mar 24, 11:54�am, Gerd <Gerd...@t-online.de> wrote:
>>> AXMPP project contains binding for GNU TLS library, see
>>
>>>http://adaforge.qtada.com/cgi-bin/tracker.fcgi/axmpp/wiki
>>
>> Thanks for the link. I'm not sure - it looks like a UNIX project, I
>> would need it for Windows. Would it work there, too?
>
> I use it on Windows XP 32-bit and known that it works on Windows 7,
> the only issue is to add linker option to find DLL files.

Why should linker know them?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: SSL library for Ada?
@ 2011-03-25 12:55         ` Vadim Godunko
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2011-03-25 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 24, 4:11 pm, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:

> > I use it on Windows XP 32-bit and known that it works on Windows 7,
> > the only issue is to add linker option to find DLL files.
>
> Why should linker know them?

GNU TLS is installed by own setup program and place DLL files
"somewhere" in the directory tree, AXMPP need to know path to this
directory.

* Re: SSL library for Ada?
@ 2011-03-25 14:22           ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2011-03-25 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 05:55:03 -0700 (PDT), Vadim Godunko wrote:

> On Mar 24, 4:11�pm, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
> wrote:
>>
>>> I use it on Windows XP 32-bit and known that it works on Windows 7,
>>> the only issue is to add linker option to find DLL files.
>>
>> Why should linker know them?
>>
> GNU TLS is installed by own setup program and place DLL files
> "somewhere" in the directory tree, AXMPP need to know path to this
> directory.

I meant that linker might need the import library, not the DLL.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov