* GtkAda Filechooser Dialog how to change size and position
@ 2011-01-21 16:37 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2011-01-21 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using the Filechooser dialog to open or save files. The problem I have
is that the dialog is rather big and is never on the same position on the
screen. I could not find the way how to pin the dialog on to a wanted
position on the screen (for instance 100, 100 from the top left corner of
the screen) neither how to set the default size to a size that I want.
Can anyone help me to find how to do that?

L. Dries

* Re: GtkAda Filechooser Dialog how to change size and position
@ 2011-01-21 16:57 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2011-01-21 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:37:18 +0100, ldries46 wrote:

> I'm using the Filechooser dialog to open or save files. The problem I have
> is that the dialog is rather big and is never on the same position on the
> screen.

Don't use dialogs, they are annoying.

> I could not find the way how to pin the dialog on to a wanted
> position on the screen (for instance 100, 100 from the top left corner of
> the screen) neither how to set the default size to a size that I want.
> Can anyone help me to find how to do that?

See Gtk_Window_Record. Gtk_Dialog_Record is a descendant of. You can
explicitly move and size windows. In particular see Move, Set_Position.

The default size, geometry, gravity are all issues related to the window
manager. In the end much depends on the OS.

The minimal dialog size is determined by the widgets placed into it, e.g.
by Gtk_File_Chooser_Widget_Record. There is nothing to do about this. Use a
different widget instead if chooser is too big. (Which is strange, because
the most annoying thing about system file choosing dialogs is that they
rather too small than too large.)

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov