* Ada and VxWorks VxMP
@ 2003-01-05  2:52 Peter Richtmyer
From: Peter Richtmyer @ 2003-01-05  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

We will be using VxWorks VxMP Shared Memory Objects between two
boards, our code is in Ada. We will be passing messages using
Shared Message Queues, and we will have some data objects.

Does anyone know of, or have, some Ada examples using VxMP that
they could share?  Even snippets showing the Ada to C interface
Progmas would be helpful. And any advice that is not in the book
(VxWorks Programmer's Guide, 5.4) ?

thanks,
Peter

(I already tried comp.os.vxworks with no replies)

* Re: Ada and VxWorks VxMP
@ 2003-01-05 12:21 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2003-01-05 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Peter Richtmyer" <prichtmyer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We will be using VxWorks VxMP Shared Memory Objects between two
> boards, our code is in Ada. We will be passing messages using
> Shared Message Queues, and we will have some data objects.
>
> Does anyone know of, or have, some Ada examples using VxMP that
> they could share?  Even snippets showing the Ada to C interface
> Progmas would be helpful. And any advice that is not in the book
> (VxWorks Programmer's Guide, 5.4) ?

Have you tried getting this from your compiler vendor?

* Re: Ada and VxWorks VxMP
@ 2003-01-06 16:01   ` Peter Richtmyer
From: Peter Richtmyer @ 2003-01-06 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@no.spam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:<av97ve$h8n$1@venus.btinternet.com>...

> Have you tried getting this from your compiler vendor?

Yes. A co-worker took a course there, and asked them last summer.
As soon as I get our "User ID" and "password" for support I am going
to prod the company again.

I was hoping somebody had some examples out there. It could help
support our fight against that "Axis of Evil".

really   :-)

Peter

* Re: Ada and VxWorks VxMP
@ 2003-01-07 21:05     ` larry ciummo
From: larry ciummo @ 2003-01-07 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh.  So this is some gubment boon dougle job written in Ada.  Write it
in C and be done with it.

So you are asking how to call a VxWorks function from Ada?  Surely
someone has written a set of binding for this.

prichtmyer@yahoo.com (Peter Richtmyer) wrote in message news:<1b585154.0301060801.542040dc@posting.google.com>...
> "Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@no.spam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:<av97ve$h8n$1@venus.btinternet.com>...
>
> > Have you tried getting this from your compiler vendor?
>
> Yes. A co-worker took a course there, and asked them last summer.
> As soon as I get our "User ID" and "password" for support I am going
> to prod the company again.
>
> I was hoping somebody had some examples out there. It could help
> support our fight against that "Axis of Evil".
>
> really   :-)
>
> Peter

* Re: Ada and VxWorks VxMP
@ 2003-01-08  3:29 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-01-08  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Peter Richtmyer" <prichtmyer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We will be using VxWorks VxMP Shared Memory Objects between two
> boards, our code is in Ada. We will be passing messages using
> Shared Message Queues, and we will have some data objects.
>
> Does anyone know of, or have, some Ada examples using VxMP that
> they could share?  Even snippets showing the Ada to C interface
> Progmas would be helpful. And any advice that is not in the book
> (VxWorks Programmer's Guide, 5.4) ?

You don't say what compiler you're using.  If you're using GNAT, I recall
seeing some interfaces to VxWorks in the run time library sources (which
should be included with your distribution).

Steve
(The Duck)