From: prichtmyer@yahoo.com (Peter Richtmyer)
Subject: Re: Get Integer into Enumeration_IO doesn't work
Date: 18 Nov 2002 06:28:49 -0800
Date: 2002-11-18T14:28:49+00:00	[thread overview]

"Grein, Christoph" <christoph.grein@eurocopter.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1037601904.17138.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>...
> While Integer is a discrete type and therefore allowed as an actual parameter to
> Text_IO.Enumeration_IO, this package is meant to be instantiated with
> enumeration types only.

In my experience (it may depend upon the compiler) the compiler would
allow me to instantiate an integer-type with enumeration_io, but it
would raise an exception on a *get*. Obviously, it would be better if
the compiler caught the error when compiling. Obviously, it would be
even better if I did not code the error  :-)

happy coding...
Peter