From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Universal type
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 21:10:43 +0200
Date: 2007-08-03T21:10:35+02:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:31:00 -0700, shaunpatterson@gmail.com wrote:

> Anyway, this generic list allows me to store one type of
> data. Is there a way of taking this concept and store
> many different types?

What will you do with that list? The items of will have no single method in
common, except some attributes like X'Address. It would be a quite useless
thing.

But, yes, technically you can. Root_Stream_Type and Root_Storage_Pool can
hold anything. It is possible to implement a linked list with objects of
any type in it. I don't what to go into details, let us just assume we
already have one. So we have the function Next (Node : ...) return
Some_Ptr; And? How are you going to determine what it points to?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov