From: ziotom78@gmail.com
Subject: Gnattest under Debian/Ubuntu Linux/Linux Lint
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 08:50:19 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2013-02-08T08:50:19-08:00	[thread overview]

Hi to everybody,

  I am trying to have GNAT installed on my Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) computer, and I have some problems in determining how to install "gnattest". I have verified it is *not* in any of the following packages:
- gnat-4.6
- gnat-4.6-base
- gnat-gps
- gnat-gps-common
- libaunit2-dev
- libaunit3
- asis-programs

What puzzles me is that in AdaCore's repositories its source code belongs to "gps":

http://viewvc.libre.adacore.com/viewvc.cgi/Public/trunk/gps/gnattest/

so I assumed that installing "gnat-gps" would've been enough to have "gnattest" as well. Is it true that this tool is not available in Debian packages? (This would not be the first weird thing with Gnat's packages in Debian...)

If "gnattest" is really missing, is there any quick way to install it instead of uninstalling Debian's Gnat and downloading AdaCore's? Last time I tried under Ubuntu x64 I had a few problems because of some inconsistencies in the directory where libraries should be installed, and I would therefore like to stick with Debian packages if possible.

Thank you all,
  Maurizio.