From: axtens <Bruce.Axtens@gmail.com>
Subject: Access to data indirection (newbie)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:10:49 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2007-11-26T23:10:49-08:00	[thread overview]

G'day everyone

I have a DLL which is receiving a value that is the result of a VARPTR
in VB6, so the value arriving is the address and the data desired can
be found at that address.

So far I've gotten as far as

   function HandlePointer (
         Left : in     Win32.LONG)
     return Win32.LONG is
     begin

   end HandlePointer;

which is, of course, brain-dead. Fact is, though, so far as Ada is
concerned, I'm a newbie.

So tell me, what's the syntax?

Once you've figured that one out, tell me how I'd handle 'Left'
pointing to a record of two integers, such that I can access both
elements of the record.

Kind regards,
Bruce.