From: Adam Beneschan <adam@irvine.com>
Subject: Re: Question about library-level functions
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:49:41 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2012-12-17T11:49:41-08:00	[thread overview]

On Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:38:44 AM UTC-8, AdaMagica wrote:

> But I'm not sure who the master is of the anonymous access type declared with function Alloc. It should be the environment task, just as that is ultimately the master of any library unit (be it a package or a subprogram).

There were some rule changes in Ada 2012 in 3.10.2 and 7.6.1, and I haven't yet studied them all.  But my initial reading is that since the anonymous access function result is converted to a named access type A, then the object that gets allocated should be finalized when A disappears, i.e. at the end of the block that declares A.  I could easily be wrong.

                        -- Adam