From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: C2Ada port to linux updated.
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 02:44:27 -0700
Date: 2007-08-15T02:44:27-07:00	[thread overview]

"Jeffrey Creem" <jeff@thecreems.com> wrote in message
news:mlu9p4-j6m.ln1@newserver.thecreems.com...
> Chip Orange wrote:
>>  multiple versions (all non-working) and that many of the web links to
>>> it had gone stale. Is it possible to make this available on some well-
>>> known Ada site, or at least the above link?
>>

>> Yes, please???  My corporate firewall classifies the site the OP mentions
>> as a porn site and won't let me go there!! :(
>>
>> Chip
>>

> The problem with even the well known Ada sites is that they can come and
> go and certainly the links will rot as sites go away.
>
> I'd recommend something like sourceforge or savannah.
>
> If no one else is interested in taking that on then I can create the
> project though if I do it will be sourceforge as that is what I am used
> to.

That is a good idea Jeffrey. I support it. This way c2Ada can be reached by
more folks, and hopefully this way it might proof more useful in porting C
code to Ada.

I have no experience at all with sourceforge, if you can do this, please do.
Any thing I can to help just let me know All the source code is in that tar
file, with a Makefile, and instructions how to build it are on that link
also, and the original source code is there also. Having the code under
source control is very important.

The code is old and needs some dusting off but it compiles and builds ok, at
least on my Linux box. I could not port to Cygwin, there are some libraries
missing from cygwin, I think it was the gperf.so which is needed by c2Ada
link.

It would be great if c2Ada could be made such that one can 'see it' from
adept_manager for example. I do not know how this process works.  I really
think adept_manager is amazing. With one click one can download any
application for Linux, and the system takes care of all the dependency and
other conflicts.

Thanks for your offer to help.

Nasser