* glade-2: Error when generating source files
@ 2004-07-10 12:56 Franz Kruse
From: Franz Kruse @ 2004-07-10 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

When clicking on the Build button in glade-2 (2.0.0 on Windows XP),
I get error messages:

   all.ada:1:01: compilation unit expected
   all.ada: parse errors detected
   all.ada: chop may not be successful
   no compilation units found
   no source files written

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong? Until recently,
I was able to generate source files without problems. Reinstalling
GtkAda, GNAT and GTK+ didn't help.

Thanks for any advice

Franz

* Re: glade-2: Error when generating source files
@ 2004-07-10 19:33 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2004-07-10 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

:
:   all.ada:1:01: compilation unit expected
:   all.ada: parse errors detected
:   all.ada: chop may not be successful
:   no compilation units found
:   no source files written
:
: Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong?

Does all.ada contain anyting?

* Re: glade-2: Error when generating source files
@ 2004-07-10 20:13   ` Franz Kruse
From: Franz Kruse @ 2004-07-10 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Georg Bauhaus:

> Franz Kruse <Franz.Kruse@t-online.de> wrote:
> > When clicking on the Build button in glade-2 (2.0.0 on Windows XP),
> > I get error messages:
> >
> >   all.ada:1:01: compilation unit expected
> >   all.ada: parse errors detected
> >   all.ada: chop may not be successful
> >   no compilation units found
> >   no source files written
> >
> > Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong?
>
> Does all.ada contain anyting?

I have no idea what all.ada is, it is none of my source files,
and searching for a file with that name gives no result.
Maybe a temporary file used by glade/gate for generating source
files?

@ 2004-07-11 13:56 ` Dan McLeran
From: Dan McLeran @ 2004-07-11 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

>    all.ada:1:01: compilation unit expected
>    all.ada: parse errors detected
>    all.ada: chop may not be successful
>    no compilation units found
>    no source files written
>
> Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong? Until recently,
> I was able to generate source files without problems. Reinstalling
> GtkAda, GNAT and GTK+ didn't help.
I have seen this before. I don't remember exactly what was wrong but
you can try invoking gate (the program that generates your code)
manually. From a command window, change directories to where your
project.glade file resides. Then you can invoke gate manually like
this:

c:\MyGladeProjectFolder\>gate project.glade

Note that I am using the file name project.glade as an example. Change
this name to match whatever you called your .glade file.

Also, check your glade properties to make sure your glade file is
going where you think it is.

* Re: glade-2: Error when generating source files
@ 2004-07-12 21:08   ` Franz Kruse
From: Franz Kruse @ 2004-07-12 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan McLeran:

> >    all.ada:1:01: compilation unit expected
> >    all.ada: parse errors detected
> >    all.ada: chop may not be successful
> >    no compilation units found
> >    no source files written
> >
> > Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong? Until recently,
> > I was able to generate source files without problems. Reinstalling
> > GtkAda, GNAT and GTK+ didn't help.
> I have seen this before. I don't remember exactly what was wrong but
> you can try invoking gate (the program that generates your code)
> manually. From a command window, change directories to where your
> project.glade file resides. Then you can invoke gate manually like
> this:
>
> c:\MyGladeProjectFolder\>gate project.glade

Calling gate directly works. It seems that a temporary file all.ada
is generated first, and this file is then gnatchopped into single
compilation units.

But now, when gnatmaking the program with the generated files,
I get the message

ld: unrecognized option 'C:\PROGRA~1\Ada\GNAT\lib\gcc-lib\pentium-mingw32msv\2.8.1\adalib\libgnat.a

@ 2004-07-14 13:01     ` Dan McLeran
From: Dan McLeran @ 2004-07-14 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Calling gate directly works. It seems that a temporary file all.ada
> is generated first, and this file is then gnatchopped into single
> compilation units.
>
> But now, when gnatmaking the program with the generated files,
> I get the message
>
> ld: unrecognized option 'C:\PROGRA~1\Ada\GNAT\lib\gcc-lib\pentium-mingw32msv\2.8.1\adalib\libgnat.a
>
> Franz

It sounds like you are passing gnatmake an -ld and it doesn't know
what that means. I think you need to pass it -l with the path to
libgnat.a appended. By the way, I would recommend having any libs you
need to link reside on your file system where the path doesn't contain
a space (i.e. it looks like you have your gnat stuff installed under
Program Files. Gnatmake may not like to deal with a space in between
'Program' and 'Files'.