From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: RE-How to get char without press enter ADA83
Date: 1999/03/02
Date: 1999-03-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <Pine.OSF.3.95.990302153826.6429A-100000@dec1>, BIARD EMMANUEL PATRICE <biard@ensinfo.univ-nantes.fr> writes:

> I would like to know how to get a char without press enter
> I work on Unix plateform (System V) AND WITH ADA83 ONLY !!
> Language: ADA83, C or anyone who can make an object file.

There is no general Ada capability to do this until Ada95.

Thus, the answer might be found in the compiler-specific documentation
for the Ada83 compiler you did not name.  If there is nothing there,
you should use the operating system documentation and make a suitable
call to an operating system routine in the compiler-specific fashion
indicated by the documentation for the mystery Ada compiler.  If you
chose to do it in C, your Ada83 compiler documentation would tell you
how to call a C program (which again, is somewhat compiler-specific
for Ada83).

Larry Kilgallen