From: claveman@cod.nosc.mil (Charles H. Sampson)
Subject: Re: Interrupt Handler Problems
Date: 1999/07/09
Date: 1999-07-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7m2a6c$bif$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
Ted Dennison  <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:
>In article <1999Jul7.160434.10447@nosc.mil>,
>  claveman@cod.nosc.mil (me) wrote:
>>      I'm working on a project that uses a Motorola MVME2700 board
>> (PowerPC CPU), VxWorks, the Green Hills Ada 95 compiler, and a lot of
>> military boards in the rack (NTDS cards, GPS interfaces, etc.).  This
>is
>> a porting effort, of Ada 83 code that is currently using a different
>CPU
>> and a different operating system.
>>
>>      We're having a terrible time getting our code running in the new
>> environment.  The killer problem of the moment is interrupt handlers.
>
>Well, my suggestions would be to try to get one simple Ada interrupt
>handler working. Then try to get a simple C interrupt handler for your
>device working. Then try to get an Ada interrupt handler for your device
>working.
>
>I gather that you have done at least some of that. Right?

     Some, namely the first part.  We've had some problem getting our C
tools going, which has worked against trying step 2.  Besides, as an Ada
fanatic, the idea of writing C code to debug an Ada program is repel-
lent.  But if that's what it takes, then we'll do it.  Thanks.

				Charlie
--
******

     For an email response, my user name is "sampson" and my host
is "spawar.navy.mil".