From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: Prime number program?
Date: 1999/12/04
Date: 1999-12-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <82bk0d$55b$1@saturn.bton.ac.uk>, "Oly" <o.fox@bton.ac.uk> writes:
> Please help!
>
> I have to build an Ada program which tells the user if the number which they
> have entered is a prime number or not.
> I am still a newbie at Ada (and crap at maths)..and have spent many wasted
> and frustring hours trying to solve the problem.
>
> Please help!

If you don't know the math regarding prime numbers, you cannot
succeed on such an endeavor no matter what programming language
you use.

Thus, I think this is not really an Ada question, and something
more appropriate to some math discussion forum.

When you resolve your math question, any introductory Ada book
should show you how basics like addition, subtraction, etc. work.

Larry Kilgallen