* GNAT on VMS
@ 1999-08-24  0:00 Christophe Bregand
From: Christophe Bregand @ 1999-08-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using GNAT compiler on an OPENVMS plateform.
My problem is the following: in a DCL procedure, when I run a program
that raises an exception, the DCL procedure seems not receiving an error
code from the ADA program (a ON ERROR THEN GOTO command is ignored and
the DCL procedure goes on).
There was no such program with the same DEC ADA 83 program.
Does anyone knows something about that?
Thanks

* Re: GNAT on VMS
@ 1999-08-24  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-08-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <37C29ECD.C39C9099@elca-matrix.ch>, Christophe Bregand <Christophe.Bregand@elca-matrix.ch> writes:
> I'm using GNAT compiler on an OPENVMS plateform.
> My problem is the following: in a DCL procedure, when I run a program
> that raises an exception, the DCL procedure seems not receiving an error
> code from the ADA program (a ON ERROR THEN GOTO command is ignored and
> the DCL procedure goes on).
> There was no such program with the same DEC ADA 83 program.

Your report certainly indicates a bug from the VMS perspective
(presumably the Ada standard is silent on the issue of interaction
with the CLI in the face of a program aborting).

Of course ACT has a mailing address for taking bug reports even
from non-supported users.

In the meantime, however, you could establish an outer level handler
to detect unhandled exceptions and call the $EXIT system service with
a VMS error code.

Larry Kilgallen