From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: GNAT on VMS
Date: 1999/08/24
Date: 1999-08-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <37C29ECD.C39C9099@elca-matrix.ch>, Christophe Bregand <Christophe.Bregand@elca-matrix.ch> writes:
> I'm using GNAT compiler on an OPENVMS plateform.
> My problem is the following: in a DCL procedure, when I run a program
> that raises an exception, the DCL procedure seems not receiving an error
> code from the ADA program (a ON ERROR THEN GOTO command is ignored and
> the DCL procedure goes on).
> There was no such program with the same DEC ADA 83 program.

Your report certainly indicates a bug from the VMS perspective
(presumably the Ada standard is silent on the issue of interaction
with the CLI in the face of a program aborting).

Of course ACT has a mailing address for taking bug reports even
from non-supported users.

In the meantime, however, you could establish an outer level handler
to detect unhandled exceptions and call the $EXIT system service with
a VMS error code.

Larry Kilgallen