* AdaIC site
@ 1999-08-17  0:00 Stanley R. Allen
From: Stanley R. Allen @ 1999-08-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

For anyone:

Am I the only one who can't get to http://www.adaic.org ?
I've tried it from work and from home, and get this:

--------------------------------------
Failed to connect to server

www.adaic.org (80)

reason: hostname unknown
--------------------------------------

Has the site changed to a different URL?

--
Stanley Allen
mailto:s_allen@hso.link.com

* Re: AdaIC site
@ 1999-08-17  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1999-08-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stanley R. Allen wrote:

> For anyone:
>
> Am I the only one who can't get to http://www.adaic.org ?
> I've tried it from work and from home, and get this:
>
> --------------------------------------
> Failed to connect to server
>
> www.adaic.org (80)
>
> reason: hostname unknown
> --------------------------------------
>
> Has the site changed to a different URL?

No.  However, sometimes I find that "adaic.org" works when
"www.adaic.org" doesn't.  That was true an hour ago.  But
now neither works.  It seems that IITRI (host for AdaIC)
is having web-server problems today.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)

* Re: AdaIC site
@ 1999-08-17  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-08-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <37B9A0DE.7ACC021A@hso.link.com>, "Stanley R. Allen" <s_allen@hso.link.com> writes:

> Am I the only one who can't get to http://www.adaic.org ?

No.

* Re: AdaIC site
@ 1999-08-17  0:00 ` Jeff Carter
From: Jeff Carter @ 1999-08-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada@list.deja.com

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Stanley R. Allen wrote:

> Am I the only one who can't get to http://www.adaic.org ?

I had the same problem, but was able to get to the site through
http://adaic.iitri.org/AdaIC/

Jeff Carter

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Re: AdaIC site
@ 1999-08-17  0:00   ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-08-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff Carter <jcarter@CapAccess.org> wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Stanley R. Allen wrote:
>
> > Am I the only one who can't get to http://www.adaic.org ?
>
> I had the same problem, but was able to get to the site through
> http://adaic.iitri.org/AdaIC/

That's curious.  I get the following message when using that URL:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /AdaIC/ on this server.

----

Stronghold/2.4.2 Apache/1.3.6 C2NetEU/2410 Server at www.iitri.org Port 80

* Re: AdaIC site
@ 1999-08-18  0:00   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91-FP.990817214512.1784A-100000@cap1.capaccess.org>, Jeff Carter <jcarter@CapAccess.org> writes:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Stanley R. Allen wrote:
>
>> Am I the only one who can't get to http://www.adaic.org ?
>
> I had the same problem, but was able to get to the site through
> http://adaic.iitri.org/AdaIC/

That gave me:

@ 1999-08-19  0:00     ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1999-08-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> > ... but was able to get to the site through
> > http://adaic.iitri.org/AdaIC/
>
> That gave me:
>
>         "You don't have permission to access /AdaIC/ on this server."

I believe this problem is fixed.  At least I was able to get
to adaic.org and adaic.com today, but www.adaic.{org,com} remain
unreachable, probably due to name-server problems.
Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

--

@ 1999-08-19  0:00       ` Jeff Carter
From: Jeff Carter @ 1999-08-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada@list.deja.com

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> > ... but was able to get to the site through
> > http://adaic.iitri.org/AdaIC/
>
> That gave me:
>
>         "You don't have permission to access /AdaIC/ on this server."

When I tried again I got that, too.