* Ada like Delphi ???
@ 1999-10-25  0:00 dethar
From: dethar @ 1999-10-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey

Is there any kind of ADA compiler for windows and where I can find it.
Another question is : Is anywhere available some kind of editor + debuger
for ADA (like have Delphi or Borland Pascal)??? Of course for windows.

Or simple editor with debugger for ADA working under DOS

Greets
Dethar

* Re: Ada like Delphi ???
@ 1999-10-25  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1999-10-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there any kind of ADA compiler for windows and where I can find it.
> Another question is : Is anywhere available some kind of editor + debuger
> for ADA (like have Delphi or Borland Pascal)??? Of course for windows.

Aonix:
http://www.aonix.com/content/products/objectada/objectada.html

GNAT: http://www.gnat.com, with AdaGIDE for IDE (URL pls?)

> Or simple editor with debugger for ADA working under DOS

http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/cgi-bin/search?form=normal&query=ez2load

The file ad.zip in that distribution contains a trace-back
debugger and an IDE (EDIT.EXE) that drives GNAT just like
Borland Pascal.

HTH

Gautier

_____\\________________\_______\_________
http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm

* Re: Ada like Delphi ???
@ 1999-10-25  0:00   ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1999-10-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there any kind of ADA compiler for windows and where I can find it.
 In addition to Aonix and Gnat, there are Rational, RR Software,
Greenhills, and Irvine Compiler Corp. (that I know of).

* Re: Ada like Delphi ???
@ 1999-10-25  0:00 ` Aidan Skinner
From: Aidan Skinner @ 1999-10-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25 Oct 1999 12:28:40 GMT, dethar <dethar@box43.gnet.pl> wrote:

>Is there any kind of ADA compiler for windows and where I can find it.

Several. I've only really used GNAT http://www.gnat.com/ which is part
of the GNU project (so you can download both binary and source and
redistribute them freely). There are several others though (eg Aonix
ObjectAda), but I'm unaware of any other freely available Ada '95
compilers (there's probably trial versions of other ones though)

>Another question is : Is anywhere available some kind of editor + debuger
>for ADA (like have Delphi or Borland Pascal)??? Of course for windows.
>
>Or simple editor with debugger for ADA working under DOS

GNU Emacs has been ported to both, and integrates well with GNAT and
GDB (the GNU debugger)

- Aidan
--
"I say we just bury him and eat dessert"
http://www.skinner.demon.co.uk/aidan/

* Re: Ada like Delphi ???
@ 1999-10-25  0:00   ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-10-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gautier <gautier.demontmollin@maths.unine.ch> wrote in message
> > Is there any kind of ADA compiler for windows and where I can find it.
> > Another question is : Is anywhere available some kind of editor +
debuger
> > for ADA (like have Delphi or Borland Pascal)??? Of course for windows.
>
> Aonix:
> http://www.aonix.com/content/products/objectada/objectada.html
>
> GNAT: http://www.gnat.com, with AdaGIDE for IDE (URL pls?)

Proper URL for gnat is ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat

URL for AdaGIDE:

http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html

URL for PAPID tcl/tk-based GUI builder for Ada/Windows/Unix

ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/carlisle/usafa/rapid/index.html

> > Or simple editor with debugger for ADA working under DOS
>
> http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/cgi-bin/search?form=normal&query=ez2load

A real URL for Ez2load:

ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/ez2load

* Re: Ada like Delphi ???
@ 1999-10-25  0:00 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-10-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

See the compilers list at http://www.adapower.com/links.html

David Botton

@ 1999-10-26  0:00   ` p.obry
From: p.obry @ 1999-10-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> GNAT: http://www.gnat.com, with AdaGIDE for IDE (URL pls?)

No need of an URL there. AdaGIDE is distributed with GNAT.

Pascal.