* hashtable in ada
@ 1999-10-23  0:00 Frank Shixiang Yan
From: Frank Shixiang Yan @ 1999-10-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

does ada has hashtable facility in the predefined language?
thanks

* Re: hashtable in ada
@ 1999-10-23  0:00 ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1999-10-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <381228CA.5F6BE481@hotmail.com> , Frank Shixiang Yan
<sxyan@hotmail.com>  wrote:

> does ada has hashtable facility in the predefined language?
> thanks

No, there are no predefined hash tables in the language.  But you can
find hash tables in the gnat sources:

g-htable.ad[sb]

If you don't have the sources, they should be at the NYU ftp site:

<ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/>  -- or something like that

* Re: hashtable in ada
@ 1999-10-24  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-10-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <38127fd9_2@news1.prserv.net>,
  "Matthew Heaney" <matthew_heaney@acm.org> wrote:
> If you don't have the sources, they should be at the NYU ftp
> site:

All binary releases of GNAT always include all the sources of
the run-time library. Of course all the sources for the whole
of GNAT are available, but our viewpoint is that many many
users will find the sources of the run-time useful (indeed I
really can't see how it is tolerable to have pieces of your
program be black boxes for which you do not have the source),
so if you have GNAT on your system, you already have the sources
of all the run-time, including all the g-*.ads sources.

The need for the sources of the compiler itself is more
specialialized, which is why the are packaged separately.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: hashtable in ada
@ 1999-10-24  0:00   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-10-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The sources to the runtime (including that one) are included even in
the binary releases under the lib dirs.

For examples on using the GNAT.* packages see
http://www.adapower.com/lang

David Botton

@ 1999-10-25  0:00     ` Ehud Lamm
From: Ehud Lamm @ 1999-10-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7uutve$8ii$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com> wrote:

> All binary releases of GNAT always include all the sources of
> the run-time library. Of course all the sources for the whole
> of GNAT are available, but our viewpoint is that many many
> users will find the sources of the run-time useful (indeed I
> really can't see how it is tolerable to have pieces of your
> program be black boxes for which you do not have the source),
> so if you have GNAT on your system, you already have the sources
> of all the run-time, including all the g-*.ads sources.
>
> The need for the sources of the compiler itself is more
> specialialized, which is why the are packaged separately.

I completly agree with this decision. It is very helpful to have these source
files, and also the very nice gnat pacakge g-*. Thanks for writing and
sharing them!

These package, aside from being useful in their own right, show many
interesting techniques. I suggest anyone who really wants to learn the
language, read them. (hint, hint...)

--
Ehud Lamm mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ehudlamm

@ 1999-10-25  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-10-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  sy278@is9.nyu.edu wrote:
> does ada has hashtable facility in the predefined language?

No. But one is available as part of the Ada Booch Components, which
*should* work on any Ada compiler.

See http://www.adapower.com/booch/

--
T.E.D.