From: johnherro@aol.com (John Herro)
Subject: Re: Attempting to modify a function result
Date: 1999/07/23
Date: 1999-07-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Keith Thompson <kst@cts.com> writes:
>Looks like a bug in VADS to me.
     I tend to agree.  I tried the code (adding the missing word TYPE, of
course) on a once-validated Ada 83 compiler (Open Ada) and on GNAT (ver. 3.05,
admittedly not the latest version), and both compilers gave error messages.
     Now I admit that trying code on a compiler, even a validated compiler, is
NOT the right way to see if something is legal; the RIGHT way is to study the
LRM.  But I thought these data would be interesting, and they tend to confirm
what Keith said.
- John Herro
You can download a shareware AdaTutor program at
http://members.aol.com/AdaTutor