From: johnherro@aol.com (John Herro)
Subject: Re: Float to string conversion
Date: 1999/03/18
Date: 1999-03-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dd5372@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> I ... need to ... convert float values to strings.
> Using the 'image property ... on floats gives
> me the default Ada scientific notation for floats.

In the package Ada.Float_Text_IO is

procedure Put(To : out String;
     Item : in Float;
     Aft : in Field := ...;
     Exp : in Field := ...);

where Field is a subtype of Integer.  This writes to a String, letting you
specify the number of places after the decimal point and the size of the
exponent field, which can be zero.  That should do it for you.
- John Herro
You can download a shareware AdaTutor program at
http://members.aol.com/AdaTutor