* MD5 Algorithm?
@ 1998-11-30  0:00 Chad R. Meiners
From: Chad R. Meiners @ 1998-11-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was wondering if anyone has written(or has) a MD5 package and would be
willing give it to me.  I have considered writing an interface package to
the c code distributed with the RFC but this approach would require too much
effort for someone else to recompile the source code.  I have started writing
my own,but if someone else could save me the trouble of rewriting some code I
would appreciate it.  I have checked the PAL and other web sources for a
package but haven't found one.  Any help would be appreciated

-Chad R. Meiners

* Re: MD5 Algorithm?
@ 1998-12-01  0:00 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 1998-12-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chad R. Meiners a �crit dans le message <3662b7db.0@silver.truman.edu>...

>I was wondering if anyone has written(or has) a MD5 package and would be
>willing give it to me.  I have considered writing an interface package to
>the c code distributed with the RFC but this approach would require too
much
>effort for someone else to recompile the source code.  I have started
writing
>my own,but if someone else could save me the trouble of rewriting some code
>would appreciate it.  I have checked the PAL and other web sources for a
>package but haven't found one.  Any help would be appreciated
>
>-Chad R. Meiners

I have (It has been done by Rolf Ebert) an implementation of MD5 in Ada.

I'll send it to you by e-mail. If somebody else wants, it let me know.

Pascal.

* Re: MD5 Algorithm?
@ 1998-12-01  0:00 ` Markus Kuhn
From: Markus Kuhn @ 1998-12-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

v025@academic.truman.edu (Chad R. Meiners) writes:
|> I was wondering if anyone has written(or has) a MD5 package and would be
|> willing give it to me.

MD5 is a bit out-dated as a secure hash function and has been superseeded
by the ISO and NIST standardized SHA-1 algorithm. A free Ada implementation
of SHA-1 by Mike Roe is available on

  http://www.ccsr.cam.ac.uk/projects/aes/

together with many other Ada crypto algorithms.

Markus

* Re: MD5 Algorithm?
@ 1998-12-01  0:00   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1998-12-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <740eq1$75i$1@pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>, mgk25@cl.cam.ac.uk (Markus Kuhn) writes:
> v025@academic.truman.edu (Chad R. Meiners) writes:
> |> I was wondering if anyone has written(or has) a MD5 package and would be
> |> willing give it to me.
>
> MD5 is a bit out-dated as a secure hash function and has been superseeded
> by the ISO and NIST standardized SHA-1 algorithm.

MD5 has not been superceded if a standard you are implementing requires MD5.

> by the ISO and NIST standardized SHA-1 algorithm. A free Ada implementation
> of SHA-1 by Mike Roe is available on
>
>   http://www.ccsr.cam.ac.uk/projects/aes/
>
> together with many other Ada crypto algorithms.

I think the use of the term "free" is a bit overblown here, as for
commercial purposes the answer seems to be "our lawyers will call",
followed by no further contact.

Larry Kilgallen