From: schenkenberg@eisner.decus.org (Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-)
Subject: Re: I NEED HELP WITH TRUE BASIC.... Willing to pay $$$$ for some help!
Date: 1998/04/30
Date: 1998-04-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3547A759.C4399564@ameritech.net>, Scott Vieth <svieth@ameritech.net> writes:
> Dorran Epstein wrote:
>
>> hello; I am a college student currently taking Computers for
>> Business....

...and at Rutgers, no less!

Rutgers is the State University of NJ.  So embarassing is this fact that
the school hides this in the guise of calling itself Rutgers.

>> We are currently working with TrueBasic on the Macs....

...and so, this moron posts the question to comp.os.vms and myriad other
unrelated usenet forums.

>> I have no clue how to do one of my assignements; if any of you could
>> help; I would be most greatful..... I am completely desperate.
>
> You are also a loser.  Pick another major if this simple programhas you
> stumped.  I was writing stuff like this in eighth grade.

Agreed.  How about an associate degree in something really challenging!
Try Physical Education.

> Instead of wasting time by re-typing the handout from the prof, why
> didn'tyou start working on the program?

Those who can do!  Those who can't type.  Those who can't type take gym.

> Just *reading* your post used up $15 worth of my time.  You'llbe getting a
> bill from me in the mail...

There's an idea!  How about a collective response!  Everybody that read
this student's request and/or answered should send a bill to the Rutgers
Univerity Comptrollers Office for tutorial expenses.

>> It is due Thursday afternoon.....
>
> Sucks to be you.

I think this guy should go hang out until Friday at one of the watering
holes on Easton Ave. and drink, until he pukes, to his future success in
the real world.  Ron is destined to start up a mom-and-pop software shop
and steal the efforts of others as his own and then, sue the originator
for ownership!  A great future for Ron or, at a minimum, his law(lie)yer.

> You are a loser, Ron.  And you have a loser email address.
> When I was in college, I posted questions to the InfoVAX
> discussion list to learn more about VMS and teach myself the
> things that were not covered in normal coursework.  I never
> asked the list subscribers to do homework for me.  Before his untimely
> passing, I even subjected myself to the possiblity of a nuclear
> flame session by directly asking Carl J. Lydick questions about VMS systems.

Scott's a youngsta here in comp.os.vms but at least he's forthcoming and
can do his own work honestly.

> Luckily, Carl was patient with me and answered all my questions
> without opening the napalm spigot.

:)  Carl must have been hitting the Valium and Prozac rather heavily at
that time!

> Pay your dues, boy, and learn the stuff like everyone else has.

Ron should drop out, walk across the street from Marita's Cantina and
start a shoe-shine stand at the train station.

--
VAXman-                                                     VAXman@TMESIS.COM
OpenVMS APE certification number: AAA-0001

... and in the end, the money you take is equal to the money you make.