From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: Ada '83 X widget bindings
Date: 1998/04/23
Date: 1998-04-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <353E804E.4F15@aol.com>, Rex Reges <rexrreges@aol.com> writes:

> Some limitations:
>
>   - cannot use 8 bit characters (like the degree symbol), Ada
>     causes an exception since only 7 bit ASCII is in range.

I am under the impression there was a modification to the Ada83
specification about 1987 or so allowing full 8 bit characters.
If the exception cited was fully due to the compiler, later
DEC Ada compilers should not have this problem.

Thanks for the useful report of actual experience.

Larry Kilgallen