From: johnherro@aol.com (John Herro)
Subject: Re: create and open function
Date: 1998/07/22
Date: 1998-07-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"Antoine JORGE RIBEIRO" <softst1@bruker.fr> writes:
> I would like to know what is the meaning
> of the fourth paramtre in the functions
> Create and Open from the packages
> Direct_IO, Sequential_IO or Text_IO.

     With some implementations of Ada, you can use the Form parameter to
specify how the file is implemented.  The null string specifies the default
options.
     Many implementations of Ada ignore the Form parameter completely.  If
there are any legal values for Form besides the null string, they will have to
be explained in the documentation that came with your compiler.  The meaning of
Form depends completely on the compiler that you are using.

- John Herro
You can download a shareware Ada Tutor program at
http://members.aol.com/AdaTutor