From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: ObjectAda 7.0 and Delphi 2.0
Date: 1997/10/06
Date: 1997-10-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <343884B4.D91B7CF6@sd.aonix.com>, Dave Wood <dpw@sd.aonix.com> writes:
> Hannu �rn wrote:
>>
>> > You should make a DLL out of the code you want to link into your
>> > application.
>> > Both Delphi and ObjectAda will create DLLs.
>>
>> Unfortunately, ObjectAda Special Edition will not.
>
> Well, then, I guess the solution seems self-evident.
>
> :-)

This seems just like Robert Dewar's comments regarding supported
customers of ACT getting preferential treatment on GNAT feature
requests.  With no disrespect intended toward the original poster,
if people around here think that Ada is such a great language (and
I do) it is important to ante up for advanced compiler features.
From my perspective Aonix has done a good job of segregating the
feature sets at their various price levels as one can learn a lot
of Ada before DLLs become a requirement.

Larry Kilgallen