From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: Callback procedures in DEC Ada83
Date: 1997/05/18
Date: 1997-05-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <682.7077T710T120@eateggs.demon.co.uk>, Stephen Bleasdale <sd@eateggs.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I guess what I'm hoping for is that somewhere amongst all the DEC provided
> routines is something of the form:
>
>    procedure CALL_PROCEDURE ( ADDR : in SYSTEM.ADDRESS ) ;

You want LIB.CALLG, which is named after the VAX instruction it
uses/emulates on VAX/Alpha.

Don't try to use it to call a subprogram which takes floating point
in the first six parameters in Alpha, as the semantics it provides
for parameter passing are to put the first six parameters into "the"
registers, with no way to specify the floating point set.

Larry Kilgallen