* Does Ada to C++ translator exist?
@ 1997-05-14  0:00 Michael Yang
From: Michael Yang @ 1997-05-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone aware of a freeware Ada to C++ translator?  I know that there
are complete Ada grammars in yacc out there which can be used to help
build a translator, but I was wondering if anyone decided to take it all
the way from Ada to C++.

I was considering doing this myself.  But, since such an undertaking
would be rather large to say the least, it would save me a lot of work
if it had already been done!

Thanks in advance for any response.

* Re: Does Ada to C++ translator exist?
@ 1997-05-15  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1997-05-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <337A9589.5C70@csc.com>, Michael Yang <myang@csc.com> writes:
> Is anyone aware of a freeware Ada to C++ translator?  I know that there
> are complete Ada grammars in yacc out there which can be used to help
> build a translator, but I was wondering if anyone decided to take it all
> the way from Ada to C++.
>
> I was considering doing this myself.  But, since such an undertaking
> would be rather large to say the least, it would save me a lot of work
> if it had already been done!

As an advocate of not repeating work, you should consider searching
an archive of this newsgroup to see if there is an answer.  You will
see that the question is asked about every three weeks producing no
of such a tool, followed by discussions about how to interpret the
meaning of the words in the request.

Larry Kilgallen