From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: Ada IDE for Win 95
Date: 1997/03/15
Date: 1997-03-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <332A3A2B.57B2@mad.scientist.com>, John Breen <wombat@mad.scientist.com> writes:
> <HTML><BODY>
> I am a uni student forced to use Ada by my uni.&nbsp; Not my choice, I
> can assure you.
> <BR>

I gather you are also forced to use an HTML editor to post to a plain
text discussion channel.

> <BR>What I don't understand is why I should use command-line based tools like
> GNAT when there surely must be a windows 95 IDE for Ada 95 (even if it
> is only a front end for GNAT) around.
> <BR>

A reasonably independent listing of such tools is available from
http://www.adahome.com/ in your native editor environment.

> <BR>Does anyone know of such a thing?&nbsp; I would prefer one that is free.

Some are free and some cost money.  But since we have you here, which
are the free IDEs for your chosen non-Ada languages and how would you
rate their quality?  My own experience with non-Ada IDEs has been with
those that cost money, and knowing about the others would be useful.

Larry Kilgallen
(remaining HTML-droppings omitted)