From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: GNAT for OpenVMS on Alpha
Date: 1997/01/08
Date: 1997-01-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <5atgnb$mun@server1.erinet.com>, jhopper@erinet.com (Jim Hopper) writes:
> Speaking of VMS ;-) One of our people is porting Vax Ada code to gnat
> on solaris and needs the specs for the vax ada starlet libraries is
> this available anywhere??

If by "specs" you mean Ada specification of the package, that would
be in ADA$PREDEFINED:STARLET_.ADC on a system with DEC Ada installed.
Perhaps ACT is working a deal for distribution rights, in which case
I hope they have better luck than the DEC Ada team has had at keeping
current with the latest additions to VMS.

Given the task you describe, however, I fear what you are looking
for is "what does it mean", and the specifications for that are
spread throughout the VMS documentation set (or on CD-ROM).  I
would love to point to the new DEC color coding of which books are
for "programmers", but I find myself in violent diagreement with
a couple of their designations.

Larry Kilgallen