* ADAcaps
@ 1997-01-22  0:00 Eric Aube
From: Eric Aube @ 1997-01-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've got a problem with my adacaps...
This is the first time I'm using this program and
when I try to compile a program, it says:

Compiling <the path and name of my file>
Invalid directory
Press any key to continue...

I've runned the gnat307.bat that the installation
program generates.  I can't understand why it
does that.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

* Re: ADAcaps
@ 1997-01-23  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1997-01-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Aube:
> I've got a problem with my adacaps...
> This is the first time I'm using this program and
> when I try to compile a program, it says:
>
> Compiling <the path and name of my file>
> Invalid directory
> Press any key to continue...
>
> I've runned the gnat307.bat that the installation
> program generates.  I can't understand why it
> does that.
>
> Can anyone help?

The reason could be that the current directory and
the directory where your program is are different.
ADACAPS (I think) sends the compile command with the
file name without path name.

> Thanks in advance!

* Re: ADAcaps
@ 1997-01-25  0:00 ` Paul Van Bellinghen
From: Paul Van Bellinghen @ 1997-01-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997 22:08:14 -0500, Eric Aube <eric@omnimage.ca>
wrote:

>I've got a problem with my adacaps...
>This is the first time I'm using this program and
>when I try to compile a program, it says:
>
>Compiling <the path and name of my file>
>Invalid directory
>Press any key to continue...
>
>I've runned the gnat307.bat that the installation
>program generates.  I can't understand why it
>does that.
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks in advance!

I believe AdaCaps must be run from the directory where your source
files are. In other words, if you are in directory C:\a when you
launch AdaCaps and open  files from C:\b directory, AdaCaps will not
be able to locate the files when you go to compile them. This is one
reason that AdaCaps will not work under Windows. You always have to
get a DOS prompt at the source file directory and then
launch AdaCaps.