* GNAT vs Borland Speed Test
@ 1997-01-17  0:00 none-set
From: none-set @ 1997-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

There was a posting here lately making light of the runtime
speed of Borland Pascal vs GNAT.  I did a little test of
integer math and found that BP beats GNAT by about 4% in
integer math (3N+1 problem using 32-bit ints) when GNAT
is run without optimization.  GNAT wins by almost 30% when
option -O2 is on.

Al

* Re: GNAT vs Borland Speed Test
@ 1997-01-20  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1997-01-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5bmnmh$kdn$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.com>, none-set <74031.316@CompuServe.COM> writes:
> There was a posting here lately making light of the runtime
> speed of Borland Pascal vs GNAT.  I did a little test of
> integer math and found that BP beats GNAT by about 4% in
> integer math (3N+1 problem using 32-bit ints) when GNAT
> is run without optimization.  GNAT wins by almost 30% when
> option -O2 is on.
>
> Al

For floating point, a little test with multiplications gave me
about 2 sec. for GNAT, 5 for TP 6.0, 8 for Alsys Ada.