From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: object Ada
Date: 1997/01/20
Date: 1997-01-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <5c08vk$ame@ultra.exodus.net>, whasan@cyberoffice.com (Wasiq Hasan) writes:
> hi i just got ObjectAda from thomson software.
> Is there ant refrence material for it?

For $ 30, the vendor will send you a draft version of their
documentation intended for the next version.  They have been
suitably chastised in this newsgroup about failing to include
hardcopy documentation with V7.0 but apparently there was a
time-to-market issue.  That is above and beyond any ambiguity
regarding what name they should put on the documentation since
between V7.0 and the future V7.1 they have changed their name
from Thomson Software to Aonix.

> I want to call win32 api to read data from
> rs-232. do I need a vxd or i can just call
> the api?

Every ObjectAda for Windows package from the Personal Edition
on up includes Win32 bindings, so you can call the Win32 API
from the compiler.

> i'm using win95.

I don't know whether the ability to call the Win32 API is
sufficient to access an RS-232 port or whether a VXD must
be interposed, but if there is a problem in that area it
would seem to be the fault of Microsoft rather than Aonix.
With luck, even as I prattle on, a more helpful answer is
being composed by someone who actually understands all the
workings of Windows 95.

Larry Kilgallen