From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: Macintosh Ada95 Development Systems...?
Date: 1997/01/13
Date: 1997-01-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <turnefh-ya02408000R1201972323100001@news.earthlink.net>, turnefh@mail.auburn.edu ("Fred H. Turner, III") writes:

> For starters, I guess that there's no fully-Macintosh way to develop Ada
> programs-- you have to do it in a Unix environment, right?

That is correct.  There is no amount of money which could produce
a non-Unix full Macintosh Ada95 development environment before your
class is concluded.

> P.S. I don't suppose there's any way to make use of my CodeWarrior
> investment while learning Ada...?

No, Metrowerks had no Ada offering, and they have recently committed
to some _very_ large tasks in supporting the most recently announced
Apple plans for Operating System changes.  Even if Metrowerks were very
interested in Ada (no sign of that), business priorities draw them
to other projects.

Actually, for those of us interested in Ada running on regular
operating systems, Metrowerks priorities seem quite similar to
many of the Ada compiler vendors.  Both are drawn to supporting
various "embedded" target environments, although Metrowerks choice
of targets indicates they are not chasing after US military dollars.

Larry Kilgallen