From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Mirroring GNAT mail to newsgroups (was: GNAT, g77, PowerPC & AIX V4)
Date: 1997/01/11
Date: 1997-01-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <m2681517af.fsf@devo.ridgecrest.ca.us>, Ronald Cole <ronald@ridgecrest.ca.us> writes:

> With a newsgroup, you can use a high-technology newsreader, like GNUS,
> that supports threading and article scoring.  If I had a vote, I'd
> vote for gnu.gnat and gnu.gnat.bug newsgroups which are repeated from
> the appropriate mailing lists as the bug-gcc and bug-g++ lists are.

I think a gnu hierarchy would be a better place for any extension,
because I have seen the mess comp.lang.pascal got into by being
extended. Presumably people who get to a gnu hierarchy have some
idea for finding their way around the hierarchy, but I think the
comp.lang attracts more confused folks.

I believe the rules require that addition of comp.lang.ada.whatever
result also in relocation of comp.lang.ada to comp.lang.ada.something.
I would hate to see mainstream Ada discussions demoted to a ".misc".

Larry Kilgallen