From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: ada training
Date: 1997/12/30
Date: 1997-12-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <dewar.883487928@merv>, dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) writes:
> Richard said
>
> <<I apologize for posting a commercial message in this forum.
>>>

> I think we have agreed in the past that brief commercial announcements
> are useful on CLA providing that they are clearly such, and that they
> are brief (i.e. minimum of information, with pointer for people who want
> more). I certainly have found such messages from others useful in the
> past.

Certainly, and the value of this brief announcement was enhanced by the
fact that it was a "fresh" item, rather than responding to one of what
seems like daily "write-before-read" postings asking "Has anyone ever
heard of an ADA compiler for Windows 95?".

My newsreader displays -<Discussion about Ada*.>- for this newsgroup,
and I am certain it was not put their by the local system manager.
It would be nice if someone could make it include a FAQ URL.

Larry Kilgallen