* Re: Formatting ("pretty print") source code.
@ 1997-12-18  0:00 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1997-12-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob_Pronk, demaille

Bob> Can anyone tell me if there is a better alternative to emacs as a
Bob> simple text-based editor that does language-specific formatting
Bob> ("pretty-print" - not implemented in emacs although "indent
Bob> region" is) for Ada?

I would be tempted to answer XEmacs (see http://www.xemacs.org/), but
all this is a matter of taste and I don't want to start another
religion war :)

If you want to pretty-print your Ada code, you should consider
downloading a2ps (whose home-page is http://www-inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps)
which is a multi-purpose highly-configurable pretty-printer (and even
much more). Moreover, it's free software :)

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org

* Formatting ("pretty print") source code.
@ 1997-12-18  0:00 Bob Pronk
From: Bob Pronk @ 1997-12-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can anyone tell me if there is a better alternative to emacs as a simple
text-based editor that does language-specific formatting ("pretty-print"
- not implemented in emacs although "indent region" is) for Ada?

Thanks,

--
Bob Pronk	Indal Technologies Inc.		v. 905-275-0012x138
		3570 Hawkestone Rd.		f. 905-273-7004

* Re: Formatting ("pretty print") source code.
@ 1997-12-22  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1997-12-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Can anyone tell me if there is a better alternative to emacs as a simple
>text-based editor that does language-specific formatting ("pretty-print"
>- not implemented in emacs although "indent region" is) for Ada?

Surely not better than emacs but with comment colouring, block comment
in/out and indent/unindent: EDIT.EXE at:

http://www.unine.ch/math/Personnel/Assistants/Gautier/Gaut_FTP.htm

It is in AD.ZIP archive, too - same URL or ftp://ftp.gwu.edu/pub/ada/ez2load/

--
Gautier

* Re: Formatting ("pretty print") source code.
@ 1997-12-22  0:00 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1997-12-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bob Pronk wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there is a better alternative to emacs as a simple
> text-based editor that does language-specific formatting ("pretty-print"
> - not implemented in emacs although "indent region" is) for Ada?

AdaGIDE in the GNAT distribution for Windows NT/95 has a pretty printer.
I haven't tried it.

--
- Stephe