From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: "That's the way the market is going"
Date: 1997/04/16
Date: 1997-04-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <5j12pb$ck6$1@venus.keystonenet.com>, mcriley@keystonenet.com (Marc A. Criley) writes:

> But Ada is not where the market is going...

Doing anything other than what your competitors do is called
"differentiation" and provided it makes your products better
while it makes them stand out from the crowd, it is considered
"good" in management circles.

> Marc A. Criley
> Chief Software Architect
> Rather Significant Aerospace Company, Inc.

...although in your industry using Ada might not be a
significant differentiator.

> But Ada is not where the market is going...

Ask them which is more important:

	o Using exactly the same tools as the rest of "the market"

	o Avoiding defects

If the former, I hope you don't make commercial airliners.

Larry Kilgallen