* Documentation Search
@ 1997-03-31  0:00 Theron Trout
From: Theron Trout @ 1997-03-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone seen/found any Adobe Acrobat formatted Ada books/docs.  I am in my
second semester of Ada programming in college and our online documentation is
poorly formated.  We are using a VAX/VMS platform.

Thanks,
Theron Trout

* Re: Documentation Search
@ 1997-04-01  0:00 ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1997-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1997Mar31.202305.10892@hobbit>, trout2@marshall.edu (Theron
Trout) wrote:

>Has anyone seen/found any Adobe Acrobat formatted Ada books/docs.  I am in my
>second semester of Ada programming in college and our online documentation is
>poorly formated.  We are using a VAX/VMS platform.

You could try visiting the tutorials and online papers at the Ada home
page.  At least one of them (Lovelace) is in HTML (that's almost what you
asked for).  Go to the Ada IC, too; several companies and universities
developed teaching material, and it's all online.  Some of it may be in
Acrobat.

<http://www.adahome.com/Tutorials/>
<http://www.adahome.com/Resources/Papers.html>
<http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/ed-train/baa/baa95crs.shtml>

Matt

Matthew Heaney
Software Development Consultant
<mailto:matthew_heaney@acm.org>
(818) 985-1271

* Re: Documentation Search
@ 1997-04-02  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1997-04-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1997Mar31.202305.10892@hobbit>, trout2@marshall.edu (Theron Trout) writes:
> Has anyone seen/found any Adobe Acrobat formatted Ada books/docs.  I am in my
> second semester of Ada programming in college and our online documentation is
> poorly formated.  We are using a VAX/VMS platform.

Is the mechanism giving you trouble Bookreader ?  I have found it works
well so long as one does not try to PRINT from it, which is not the
design center for Bookreader.

Larry Kilgallen