* Compiler out or Memory Error
@ 1997-10-01  0:00 Citizen Kane
From: Citizen Kane @ 1997-10-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using Meridian ADa compiler and contiually get a " Compiler out of
memory " error, eventhough I have 32 mb of ram and don't have any other
programs running. This error appears to be running amok all of my
classmates are getting the same problem.
1. Windows 95
2. 32mb ram
3. Meridian ADA
4. No TSR's operating.

Can someone offer any suggestions ??????????

From: Citizen Kane @ 1997-10-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using Meridian ADa compiler and contiually get a " Compiler out of
memory " error, eventhough I have 32 mb of ram and don't have any other
programs running. This error appears to be running amok all of my
classmates are getting the same problem.
1. Windows 95
2. 32mb ram
3. Meridian ADA
4. No TSR's operating.

Can someone offer any suggestions ??????????

* Re: Compiler out or Memory Error
@ 1997-10-02  0:00   ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1997-10-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is that Meridian compiler running as a DOS program?  If so, do you
have lots of room in "real" memory?  Do you have a single large
package that perhaps could be split into separate compilations?

* Re: Compiler out or Memory Error
@ 1997-10-02  0:00     ` Jack Scheible
From: Jack Scheible @ 1997-10-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Moran

tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran) writes:

> Is that Meridian compiler running as a DOS program?  If so, do you
> have lots of room in "real" memory?  Do you have a single large
> package that perhaps could be split into separate compilations?

The DOS version of the Meridian compiler is a hog.  Run screaming from
the Sun version.  I got the DOS Meridian to work by compiling it through
an editor (VEDIT) that could swap itself, and nearly everything else,
out of memory before running the compiler.  My honest opinion is that
you get a good compiler (GNAT) and put it on a real OS (Linux).

-jack

* Re: Compiler out or Memory Error
@ 1997-10-02  0:00 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 1997-10-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

 a suggestions... oh! yes switch to the GNAT compiler.

http://www.gnat.com

Pascal.
--

--|------------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                               Team-Ada Member |

Citizen Kane a �crit dans l'article <3432EB59.4DC9CDB7@panther.gsu.edu>...

@ 1997-10-02  0:00 ` Nasser
From: Nasser @ 1997-10-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3432EAD1.B22C880C@panther.gsu.edu>, Citizen says...

>I'm using Meridian ADa compiler and contiually get a " Compiler out of
>memory " error, eventhough I have 32 mb of ram and don't have any other
>programs running. This error appears to be running amok all of my
>classmates are getting the same problem.
>1. Windows 95
>2. 32mb ram
>3. Meridian ADA
>4. No TSR's operating.
>
>Can someone offer any suggestions ??????????

why not simply Use GNAT ?

Nasser

* Re: Compiler out or Memory Error
@ 1997-10-03  0:00 ` Zurima E McKinney
From: Zurima E McKinney @ 1997-10-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I remember how that antique works ...
you are probable using the real mode compiler 640K won't compile much.
configuer it by executing adaext this will allow the extended mode
version to run. It's not likely you are running the 32 bit version if
you were you could use that by executing ada32.

Hope this helps

mark

* Re: Compiler out or Memory Error
@ 1997-10-03  0:00   ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1997-10-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> why not simply Use GNAT ?
Didn't(doesn't) Meridian under DOS support tasking?

* Re: Compiler out or Memory Error
       [not found] <34356A2D.7E9E2A71@linkabit.titan.com>
@ 1997-10-06  0:00 ` John Herro
From: John Herro @ 1997-10-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Citizen Kane wrote:
> I'm using Meridian Ada compiler and
> contiually get a "Compiler out of
> memory " error.

If you're shelling to DOS to run the compiler, did you try typing
ADA2 FILENAME.ADA
rather than
ADA FILENAME.ADA  ?

- John Herro
Download the shareware Ada Tutor program at
http://members.aol.com/AdaTutor
ftp://members.aol.com/AdaTutor