* Shift Operations & Other Math questions
@ 1997-07-27  0:00 Viqar Abbasi
From: Viqar Abbasi @ 1997-07-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

How are SHIFT_LEFT, RIGHT, etc... operations accessed in
DEC Ada?  I see them in the ADA$PREDEFINED directory, but
I don't know what I'm meant to WITH... Is it the same as GNAT's "pragma
Import(Intrinsic, ...)  Is this part of the Standard?

Also, why is it only possible to page-align a record (using
"record MY_RECORD at mod ..."), and not an array or other types?

Finally, why isn't there a Standard Math library in Ada?  This seems to
make many simple applications inherently non-portable.

Thanks for the insights...
Viqar

* Re: Shift Operations & Other Math questions
@ 1997-07-29  0:00 ` Anonymous
From: Anonymous @ 1997-07-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:25:55 -0400, Viqar Abbasi <viqar@cae.ca> wrote:

> Finally, why isn't there a Standard Math library in Ada?  This seems to
> make many simple applications inherently non-portable.

Ada.Numerics.Generic_Elementary_Functions is a standard math package in
Ada.

Few useful applications require only the functionality of only
predefined packages. Portability is far more dependent on the
application's design than it is on the set of predefined packages.

Jeff Carter  PGP:1024/440FBE21
My real e-mail address: ( carter @ innocon . com )
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

Posted with Spam Hater - see
http://www.compulink.co.uk/~net-services/spam/