From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Subject: Re: Tagged and General Access Types
Date: 1997/07/25
Date: 1997-07-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On 25 Jul 1997 11:03:57 GMT, "Jim Marley" <jcmarle@qis.net> wrote:
..
> Type Constant_Values is new Values private;

Do you mean "new Values with private;"?

> 	type Integer_Values is new Constant_Values with
> 		record
> 		Integer_Values: Integer;
> 		end record;

Will your compiler allow you to have a type names Integer_Values with a
component named Integer_Values?

> procedure Print(Block: in Blocks) is  -- Block is a  block of Spreadsheet
> cells
> begin
> 	for row in Block.from.row..Block.to.row loop
> 		for column in Block.from.column..Block.to.column loop
>
> 		Put(Spreadsheet_Array(row, column).all);
>
> 		end loop;
> 	end loop;
> end Print;
>
> procedure Put(Value: in Integer_Values) is
> begin
> 	Int_IO.Put(Value.Integer_Value);
> end Put;
>
> My problem is that I get the error " invalid parameter is list call" for
> the PUT call in Print.  The two procedures are in two different child
> packages.  Print is in Spreadsheet.Interface and Put is in
> Spreadsheet.Values.  To avoid a loop during compilation I do the following:

What is the designated type of the access type that is the component
type of Spreadsheet_Array? If it doesn't designate Integer_Values or
Integer_Values'Class, then you will get this message.

Jeff Carter  PGP:1024/440FBE21
My real e-mail address: ( carter @ innocon . com )
"We burst our pimples at you."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail