From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Subject: Re: Unconstrained String Handling.
Date: 1997/07/03
Date: 1997-07-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997 13:21:33 +0100, RC <rc1@clanchy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Is there a portable way to handle data elements of type: string?
>
> (Any attributes which can be accessed for instance.)
>
> As for constant strings:
>
>     line1:                      constant string := "Some text.";
>

> begin
>     put_line (line1);
>     put_line (line1'last);

> procedure string_op (ip_text: IN STRING) is
> begin
>     ?????
>

> Thanks,
>
> RC1

Type String is simply a one-dimensional array type, its declaration is

type String is array(Positive range <>) of Character;

from ARM 3.6.3(4), so all attributes of array types are defined for
String.

Jeff Carter  PGP:1024/440FBE21
My real e-mail address: ( carter @ innocon . com )
"Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

Posted with Spam Hater - see
http://www.compulink.co.uk/~net-services/spam/