From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Subject: Re: Ada95 Pretty-Printers
Date: 1997/06/10
Date: 1997-06-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 09 Jun 1997 12:25:26 -0700, "John G. Volan"
<johnvolan@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any pretty-printers out there for Ada95?  I'm looking for
> something that can serve as an alternative to the pretty-printer built
> into Rational's Apex.  Apex is frustrating because it actively reformats
> almost every syntactic structure in Ada to suit Rational's coding style.
> This style is based on the LRM, but it does certain things that are
> fairly intrusive. For instance, if you've gone to the trouble of
> formatting a parameter list like so:

[examples deleted]

As I recall, Apex has a "switches" file that tells it what to do about a
lot of things. Last time I used it, we had to modify switches to link in
some bindings we used. Some of the switches control reformatting; I
think there's one that turns reformatting on or off completely. So,
perhaps you could RTFM or contact your Rational rep and be able to get
Apex to be less intrusive. Good luck.

Jeff Carter  PGP:1024/440FBE21
My real e-mail address: ( carter @ innocon . com )
"Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

Posted with Spam Hater - see
http://www.compulink.co.uk/~net-services/spam/