From: bgaffney42@aol.com (BGaffney42)
Subject: Re: DOS GNAT or Win95/NT GNAT? (Ada 95)
Date: 1997/05/09
Date: 1997-05-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jerry van Dijk wrote (of GNAT/DOS vs GNAT/WinNT):

>2. Win95 supports long file names, the DOS version doesn't (yet)

I'm not sure what you mean here, I've had no problem doing this.  And I'm
not even up to 3.09
(I'm on 3.04 or some such).  Granted, I had to make one or two slight
changes:

     1. Add a default of -k256 in GNATCHOP.BAT so the chopped files have
long filenames.
          (By the way, I also had to modify it to recognize the -r option
since it never has recognized it)

     2. Add a -k256 to GNATMAKE commands (which is easier if you use a
.BAT file to
control compilation.

The only problem I've seen is when I forget the -k256 to compile
something.  Other than that, I
don't think there are any problems.  I'm glad GNAT likes the library files
with short names,
cause that would have been a pain.

      --Bg