From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: DEC Ada V3.3
Date: 1996/09/03
Date: 1996-09-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <Mats.Weber-0309961227080001@mlma27.elca-matrix.ch>, Mats.Weber@elca-matrix.ch (Mats Weber) writes:

> We have a program approx. 100'000 lines of code that, when compiled with
> DEC Ada 3.3, behaves in a strange way, with both /optimize and
> /nooptimize:
> - raises Constraint_Error in a non reproducible way
> - some tasks block for 10 secs to 10 minutes without any apparent reason
> - when compiled with /optimize, we get the following message at link time:
>   "%W, symbol ADA$ADD_ALL$V multiply defined
>         in module ADD_ALL file
>         USER2:[PTT_APZV.ADA_OPT.EASYFILE]EZF_US-XX319A799C48DA.OBJ;1"

> Do you think it is worth for us to submit the problem to DEC ?

Of course!  That way it will be fixed before the rest of us run into it.
A good reproducer is required, however, in order to speed the resolution.

Admittedly the first two are hard to "submit",
but the third should reproduce on any machine, right ?

DEC fixes bugs in their Ada compiler,
but typically only those they have heard about.

Larry Kilgallen