From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: Linking an ADA routine to a program written in C
Date: 1996/09/25
Date: 1996-09-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <COMAR.96Sep24165621@dantes.enst.fr>, comar@dantes.enst.fr (Cyrille Comar) writes:

> Sorry to jump in a bit late on this thread but I just wanted to add
> that all the above description is perfectly correct for Ada83 but is
> far from the reality of Ada (Ada 95). Interfacing with most other
> languages is not implementation-defined anymore.

I seem to recall about 5 languages being listed in the standard,
which hardly clarifies as "most", especially since it leaves out
some of my favorites :-).

The ability of an implementor to support linkage to additional
languages does not give one the ability to count on that support
from another vendor.

Larry Kilgallen