From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: I/F to Win32API?
Date: 1996/10/21
Date: 1996-10-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <87947.ivwstud@dutchpu.TUDelft.NL>, "IvWStudents" <ivwstud@dutchpu.TUDelft.NL> writes:
> Dag!
>
> I'm looking for anything, that helps the Fortran/Ada-programmer to
> deal witch the Win32API. Are there any usefull routine compilations or
> "development studios" (Delphi-like) that create buttons/windows and
> this stuff and are directly accesible by Fortran or Ada sourcecode or
> create Fortran/Ada skelletons?

For Ada, Thomson Software's ObjectAda Professional V7.0 offers
such a tool, running on Windows 95 or Windows NT and targeting
those two plus Windows 3.1.

Thomson is new at the Windows GUI Builder business, and in my
opinion what they have is less advanced than Delphi, but they
seem to have a good beginning.  They also sell a subscription
service so you can get any updates for the next year.

> I have to code an application under Win95 and wonder if it's possible
> to do this with Ada or F90 without bothering with the deeper secrets
> of the Win32API.

"Deeper Secrets" are hidden from you, but you will have to deal
with the basic relationships between your windows and the controls
thereon.  Only you know the proper meaning of a click on button 3.

Larry Kilgallen