From: whiting_ms@corning.com (whiting_ms@corning.com (Matt Whiting))
Subject: Re: ObjectAda Professional GUI Builder
Date: 1996/10/18
Date: 1996-10-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <1996Oct18.072603.1@eisner>, kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen) writes:
> In article <3266FD6A.2CF9@epix.net>, "Matthew S. Whiting" <whiting@epix.net> writes:
>
>> isn't much, but it walks you through the basic steps.  Have you actually got
>> GuiBuilder to fire up?  I'm running on Windows NT and it wouldn't load
>> initially.  The folks at Thomson support were, however, very response in
>> sending me the "patch" required to modify the registry appropriately.  If you
>
> Hmm, I have ObjectAda 7.0 on Windows NT 3.51 without any Service Pack
> and I did not have any problem getting the GUI Builder to start up.
>
> Larry Kilgallen

Yes, Veddy intereesting.  I'm running NT 3.51 also, but am at service pack 4
(build 1057).  I purchased the Enterprise edition (although it appears the main
CD is the same as for the professional edition - it is labeled "Professional
Edition").  I've yet to install the Open Pack CD due to lack of disk space, but
the new 1.6 Gig drive arrived yesterday!

When I tried to execute GuiBuilder, I got an error something to the effect of
"error loading file."  Thomson sent me a NT utility called regsvr32 and six
commands to use with this utility to register six .ocx files.

No explanation was provided as to WHY I needed to do this manually and I
received no errors during the original installation, but it sounds like part
of the installation may have failed.

Matt