* ObjectAda & MS Windows reference books
@ 1996-10-10  0:00 whiting_ms@corning.com (Matt Whiting)
From: whiting_ms@corning.com (Matt Whiting) @ 1996-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm a new Thomson customer having recently purchased the ObjectAda product.
I'd like to know if there are other users who would be open to some email
correspondence relative to use of this product, especially with respect to
developing Windows NT applications.

I'm new to both Ada and Windows programming (last serious software development
I did was under VMS using VAX-11 Fortran!).  I have several good Ada reference
books now, but nothing for MS Windows programming.  Anyone have any
recommendations as to a textbook (or two) suitable for getting started
programming the Windows interface?  An Ada-based text would obviously be
ideal, but I understand that most texts covering the Windows API will be
C++ referenced.

BTW, I know that most of the info is available online, but I'm an old-fashioned
type that really prefers to kick back in a recliner with a good book,
especially when first starting out and trying to get the "big picture."  I DO
like online help once I kind of know what I'm doing.

TIA.

Matthew S. Whiting, P.E.         | Corning Incorporated | (607) 974-6317 phone
Manager Advanced Control Systems | HP-ME-01-034         | (607) 974-6752 fax
whiting_ms@corning.com           | Corning, NY 14831    |

* Re: ObjectAda & MS Windows reference books
@ 1996-10-11  0:00   ` whiting_ms@corning.com (Matt Whiting)
From: whiting_ms@corning.com (Matt Whiting) @ 1996-10-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

--

A couple folks pointed out Dave's message to me.  I think this book was in the
latest MS Press flyer I received so I'll order it!

Thanks to all who replied.

@ 1996-10-11  0:00 ` Stephen Leake